Monday, January 23, 2006

A New Beginning

I have recently changed jobs, and have gone from a traditional internal IT shop to an open source company. Friday was my last day at my old job, and today was my first at my new job. What I find most interesting about the differences, is the passion that is so often drained from employees in traditional IT shops, is alive and well in my new position.

People really care about what they are doing, and it shows in everything that I have experienced so far. A successful endeavor, not matter what its purpose, has to involve people who care. What a refreshing difference! It is wonderful to be involved in something where people say what they mean, and mean what they say. No hidden agendas, no politics, just a spirit of let's do the right thing.

I think I have found a position where I can turn my passion into my vocation, and you can never go wrong with that.

No comments: