Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's Official: The Red Hat acquisition is Unanimously Approved!

I haven't blogged in awhile, but last week I went to JavaOne for the first time since 1998. This was a completely new experience for me, as I went as an employee of JBoss, and worked in the booth, along with attending some of the sessions.

As I talked to hundreds of people at our booth, one thing really stood out for me. Everyone was very happy that we were being acquired by Red Hat. Another thing that really stood out, was that everyone was also very happy that we weren't acquired by Oracle.

So, there you have it! It's official, at least in the eyes of our customers and supporters. The Red Hat acquisition is approved!!!

I must say that I also approve. I believe that the combined company will be stronger, and grow bigger and better. We have already heard from some prospective customers that JBoss is now in consideration, where we would not have been before. The power of just being bigger makes a world of difference. The customer relationships that Red Hat already enjoys will be a big help. Especially, when you consider the reach that Red Hat has globally, that we just haven't been able to establish as of yet.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm excited, and looking forward to the closing of the acquisition, so we can get on with executing as a combined entity.

No comments: